Sunday 11 March 2018

Week 3 - 4 Concept Art and Story Boards

Concept Art:
Drawing concept designs (and Story Boards) is an important step in the making of an animation. These drawings help me lock in my idea and stop me from drifting into creative chaos. 








Story Boards:

Panel Number:
I've written down a number in the top right corner of each panel to keep track of what comes next in case something happens and pages get lost.

Bar Number:
In the top left corner of some panels I've taken note of the Bar Number of the song I wrote. This is to keep track of what I want to happen in my animation relative to the song's beat. Most music has a regular beat (or pulse) which can be felt. Each bar usually has the same number of beats in it. Music that feels like 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 will be divided into bars with four beats worth of music in each bar. The bar line (or barline) is a vertical line written in the music which separates the bars.

Movement, Shot Transitions and Descriptive Text:

Movement is a very important theme in my animation and is represented in my Story Boards using arrows.
Shot Transitions can be seen written down in between some of my panels, they describe how one shot bleeds into the next.
Descriptive Text must be written down sometimes to really help make sense of what is going on in the storyboards seeing as I am limited to only pencil on paper for these.















No comments:

Post a Comment